|Lisa Hall, Volunteer Coordinator|
I grew up in Minnesota where I was able to participate in various outdoor activities, cultural programs in music and art as well as opportunities through my church which included serving families in need. I went on to graduate from the University of Minnesota in Social Work Community Organization and then spent my career developing programs and non profit organizations that prevent or address criminal, family, and neighborhood problems. When I retired God directed me to offer my skills to Northlake as a volunteer on staff. I developed the Northlake Care Ministry, coordinated some outreach events to the community and am currently developing the volunteer program called Serving At Northlake. In my spare time I absolutely love to build and remodel homes, water color and fish with my husband.
Year Began at Northlake: I began attending Northlake in 1990 and came on staff as a volunteer in 2000.
Family: Dan and I were married in 1974 and we have two adult married children living in Seattle.
Life Verse: Ephesians 2:6 "For it is by grace you have been saved through faith and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast."
Where were you living when you were in first grade? Albert Lea, Minnesota near Minneapolis
- Books: Any well researched historical or legal based novels
- Superhero: Wonder Woman
- TV show: NCIS or the new Person Of Interest; I’m also a political news junky.
- Food: Grilled salmon, scallops or shrimp
- Local Restaurant: Anthony’s or Hearthfire
- Music: Classical, anything 60’s/early 70’s and soft jazz
- Vacation Spot: Geiranger Fjord, Norway; or a little closer, 2nd Beach, La Push, WA.
- Weekend Activity: On weekends I like to spend time on Whidbey Island with my family.
Place you'd like to travel to (that you've not yet been): Switzerland
Dream for Northlake: Dream #1: See the people at Northlake grow spiritually through their love and service to God and each other and to those in need in our community. Dream #2: See the people at Northlake become Christian models in this world who act justly, love mercy and walk humbly with God. (Micah 6:8)