|Brita Isselin, Office Administrator|
Nickname: Not since high school
I was born and raised in Southern California (the oldest of two); then at the age of fifteen, my family moved to the small town of Grass Valley, in the foothills of the Sierras in Northern California, where we started our construction business and I graduated from Nevada Union High School. During the summer, after my first year of junior college, my dad hired a man who turned out to be the man I would spend the rest of my life with, my husband, Randy; we were married that December (1978). In 1985, my family moved, bringing the construction business up to Bellingham; and where, in April 2000, I was hired as a part-time office assistant here at Northlake and, in December, I was transitioned to the full-time position that I am serving in now. I feel very blessed to be able to serve this body of Christ and call Northlake my church home – as well as be able to enjoy each day the natural beauty of the Pacific Northwest, whether I’m on my way to work, walking on a beach, enjoying the sunset at the bay, or exploring new places.
Year Began at Northlake: April 2000
Family: Randy and I were not blessed with children of our own, but the Lord has blessed us with wonderful nieces and cousins - and an adorable godson – all of whom we love very much!
Life Verse: Can’t
pick just one!
Psalm 46:10, “Be still, and know that I am God.”
Jeremiah 29:11, “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Where were you living when you were in first grade? Yorba Linda, CA
- Books: My recent favorite is “The Rest of God”
- Superhero: Hmmm…don’t really have a favorite superhero.
- TV show: NCIS & Flashpoint
- Food: Italian – love pasta; but, then there is Chinese food – love pan-fried noodles (more pasta J); but wait, there’s more! Mexican food, Greek food, Thai food, fish ‘n chips, fruit, veggies, ice cream, bread (Randy’s homemade bread, yum!), cheese (love Wisconsin cheese), and then there is nothing like a wonderful salad…ahhh, the list goes on…
- Local Restaurant: Coconut Kenny’s, D’Annas Café Italiano, Seabolts in Oak Harbor
- Music: Mercy Me & Casting Crowns are two of my favorite Christian bands
- Vacation Spot: Seaside/Cannon Beach
Place you'd like to travel to (that you've not yet been):Quebec, Hershey PA at Christmas, Paris, Italy, England – oh, I just love to travel!!!
Dream for Northlake: For our congregation to continue to grow closer to the Lord and in our love for those who don’t know Him. May we continue to grow as a body of Christ, one that is always on fire for Him, ready to serve as He leads.